|DORMAN 977068 Specifications|
|Bore Diameter (IN)||2.38|
|Electrical Connection Type||Female|
|Fuel Injectors Included||No|
|Fuel System Grade||Gas|
|Fuel System Injection Type||Gas|
|Fuel System Type||Gas|
|Gasket or Seal Included||No|
|Idle Air Control Motor Included||No|
|Inlet Diameter (IN)||2.38|
|Installation Hardware Included||No|
|Mounting Hardware Included||No|
|Outlet Diameter (IN)||2.19|
|Throttle Body Material||Aluminum|
|Throttle Body Mounted||No|
|Throttle Body Spacer Included||No|
|Throttle Body Type||Electronic|
|Throttle Position Sensor Included||Yes|
This 100% new electronic throttle body matches the original equipment part for fit and performance. With a corrosion-resistant aluminum body, it features a new sensor and circuit board for reliable performance. Features & Benefits:
- Direct replacement - this electronic throttle body matches the original equipment throttle body for fit and function
- Plug and play installation - this throttle body plugs into the original equipment wiring harness with no adapter required
- Cost-effective and reliable - offers original manufacturer quality at a competitive price with no core charge
- Rigorously tested - this throttle body has undergone corrosion and try-on testing to ensure durability for a long service life
Experiencing Acceleration or Idling Issues? It Might Not be the Throttle Body!
Poor acceleration, hesitation and other idling issues can be caused by failure of a variety of parts. Use the chart below to help determine which part is causing the problem.
|Throttle Body||Fuel & Air|
|Mass Air Flow Sensor||Exhaust & Emission|
- Difficulty Starting or Turning Engine
|Air Filter||Fuel & Air|
- Dark Filter Media
- Debris in Filter or Filter Box (Change every year!)
|Fuel Injector||Fuel & Air|
|Vacuum Hose / Connector||Hoses / Lines & Clamps |
- Hissing, Squealing or Sucking Sound from Cracked Connector or Hose (Use a Vacuum Tester)
Spark Plug or Spark Plug Wire or Ignition Coil
- Increase in Exhaust Emissions
- Visible Wire Damage
- Oil Leak
|Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor||Interior|
- Limp Mode
- No / Delayed Pedal Response
- Perform OEM Recommended idle relearn procedure. Some applications may require the use of an OBD Scan Tool while others may refer to the Owners Manual.
- A relearn of idle values can be forced by disconnecting the negative battery cable for several minutes in order to clear the electronic control module's memory.
- Several minutes of idling and highway driving may be necessary to relearn idle values. Electrical loads such as headlights, AC, radio, etc. should be turned off while relearning.
- Erratic idle or engine surging after installation of replacement unit may be resolved by putting a load on the engine. If idle evens out after shifting into gear, shift back into park and check idle RPM - perform relearn again if a drivability condition is present.
- Clean intake manifold mounting surface and replace Intake Manifold Gasket, if necessary.
- Inspect Air Cleaner Intake Hose for cracks and proper sealing - replace or repair with Multi-Purpose Sealant, if necessary.
- Check harness for broken wires and wiggle connector to try and reproduce the problem. Replace or clean Connector, if necessary.
- Clear all diagnostic trouble codes from vehicle computer prior to idle relearn.
|OEM / Interchange Numbers: 2203037060|